For Medical Professionals
In collaboration with referring medical providers, IDEC physicians and staff work to improve patients' quality of life through a unique combination of advanced medical care and innovative patient education.
- seven board-certified endocrinologists
- the largest endocrinology practice in the state of Iowa
- opportunities for patients to participate in clinical research trials
- participation in physician residency and medical student programs
- diabetes self-management education and pre-diabetes education
- nutrition education
- services such as — radioactive iodine thyroid ablations, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring, bone density testing and
thyroid ultrasound and biopsies.
Below are some of the conditions for which patients may be referred to IDEC:
- Diabetes — including gestational diabetes and insulin pump use
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Thyroid, pituitary and adrenal issues
- Calcium disorders — including osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Male and female hormonal disorders — including hypogonadism and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
If you have a patient who could benefit from the care of an endocrinologist and the services available at IDEC, call (515) 643-5104. Depending on urgency, new patients can typically be seen within one to two weeks.
Complete and return the form below. Your office will be contacted to schedule an appointment
within two business days. For additional information, call (515) 643-5104.
- Diabetes Education Center
Complete and return the form below. Our office will contact the patient to schedule education within three business days. For additional information, call (515) 643-4895
- Iowa Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Center